Saturday, June 10, 2006

Guangzhou





We got here pretty late last night. Our flight was delayed so we sat in the airport for about 3 hours. Mia did great. She didnt want to be buckled in the seat so I let her sit on my lap. She was perfect.
This morning we had our medical appt. She is healthy and weighs a whopping 21.3 pounds. She is very tiny. Kyle and I took her swimming tonight. It didnt go over so well. She cried and cried. So I thought I would take her to the kiddy pool where the water is shallow. As I was stepping in I slipped on the bottom and fell. She was fine but I hit my back and bottom pretty hard. Justin always tells me when I go on trips to come home in one piece and I always find a way to hurt myself.
Her personality is coming out more and more. She is very, very flexible. She can do the splits when she sits on the floor. This is really an asset for her. Yesterday at the airport she wanted to walk and I just wanted to get to the gate. I picked her up and she threw a fit. Now if I dont look strange enough being the only caucasian person there but I have this little Chinese child screaming as I am holding her. So I am walking towards the gate holding onto her the best I can and she was able to flex her little leg up and kick me in the face. I am surprised the police didnt question me. She was happy as soon as I set her down. She laughed then walked away.

No comments: